The Jewish Defence League of Canada is committed to:
- the restoration of pride and integrity to the Jewish People
- the return of Jewish values
- the reclamation of the Jewish sense of justice, and
- the abolition of hatred and bigotry
- NEVER AGAIN WILL JEWS BE VICTIMIZED
- NEVER AGAIN WILL JEWS BE SCAPEGOATS
- NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAND IDLY BY WHILE JEWISH BLOOD IS SPILLED
- NEVER AGAIN WILL WE BE SILENT
HISTORY OF THE JEWISH DEFENCE LEAGUE OF CANADA
Rabbi Meir Kahane established the Jewish Defence League in the late 1960s to confront and fight anti-Semitism.
It was Rabbi Kahane who gave the Jew some feeling of self-respect and pride in that they had the moral right to defend themselves in any and all situations.
Today Jews are being victimized by non-Jews in all cities of North America and many parts of Europe.
Rabbi Kahane gave the Jews the 5 Principles in which he outlined how Jews should behave. They are:
1. Ahavat Yisroel – Love of Israel and the Jewish People
2. Hadar – Dignity and Pride
3. Barzel – Iron/strength
4. Mishmaat – Discipline and unity
5. Bitachon – Faith in the indestructibility of the Jewish people.
Unfortunately, Jewish Institutions looked at Rabbi Kahane as a direct threat to their authority and preached against him, saying that traditionally, Jews do not bear arms. Rabbi Kahane started his organization in the U.S.A. and several chapters grew in Canada.
The leading problem of both Canada and the U.S.A. was the assimilation of younger people, mainly in high schools and University campuses. JDL’s primary target was to bring youth back into Judaism by giving young Jews the motivation for them to practice Judaism, to gain respect from their fellow students and to achieve equal status. JDL taught a new generation to defend themselves.
JDL was opposed by many of the Jewish Institutions in that we were training young Jews to fight. JDL spent much time and effort and helped turn many young men and women back on the path of Judaism. We are proud to say that those young people remain on that path today.
Eventually, the JDL was worn down from within our own community. The leadership of JDL thought that the leadership of the Jewish Institutions would change their ways, and would do everything in their power to bring the young generation of Jews back to where they belong. They did not.
In fact the deterioration has escalated to where assimilation is at an all time high and shows no signs of slowing down. The rate of inter-marriage has never been higher. Our young people are being victimized in high schools and on University campuses across this country. The current leadership of most Jewish institutions is blinded to the facts. Each has its own agenda and not included in this agenda is the war that is taking place today against Jewish youth, in fact, against Jews everywhere.
During the Israeli-Hezbollah war in 2006 there was a demonstration against Israel on Bloor St. in Toronto in which there were 10,000 Arab supporters carrying Hezbollah flags and banners calling for “Death to the Jews”. This event shook us (JDL) from our apathy and we awoke to the realization that while we were lulled to sleep by our leader’s lullabies, the enemies of the Jewish people and of Israel were growing in strength and amassing incredible funds and public opinion.
We always knew that our battle against anti-Semitism was an uphill fight. But now it is as if we are looking up a cliff and our battle is to be waged up sheer walls with the enemy on top raining down upon us every abuse known to mankind. It seemed that this is a war that is not winnable.
The time has come for ALL JEWS to know and understand that they, their children and their grandchildren have become legitimate targets to be “wiped off the face of this earth.”
The time has come when Jews have to realize that we are in a war of survival on a much grander scale than that which the Nazi’s proposed – the annihilation of European Jewry. Each one of us had to stand and declare himself and herself ready.
JDL’s goal today is to mobilize all Jews and Jewish Organizations to unify and speak with one voice – WE MUST SURVIVE – WE WILL SURVIVE.
AM ISRAEL CHAI
“The Jewish Defence League of Canada is committed to the restoration of pride and integrity to the Jewish People, the return of Jewish values, the reclamation of the Jewish sense of Justice and the abolition of hatred and bigotry.”
•Fractionalization of Jews
•Worldwide victimization of Jews
•Worldwide increase of anti-Israel rhetoric
•Worldwide increase of anti-Semitism
•Inadequate Jewish leadership response to anti-Semitism and anti-Israel rhetoric
HOW THE JEWISH DEFENCE LEAGUE OF CANADA IS BUILDING A TEAM TO DEAL WITH THE ISSUES:
◦ by engaging professionals to relate actual facts about the issues
◦ to provide facts from legitimate sources
◦ to correct disinformation
◦ to spread the truth of rights according to the Torah
◦ The laws of self-defence have been given to the civilized nations of the world by the teachings of the Torah.
◦ Professional physical trainers will be engaged to teach people how to defend themselves in any situation. We must not run from adversity because of inexperience or fear. We must be able to stand up for our rights and the rights of our people according to the laws of the country.
◦ We will teach appropriate response to verbal abuse.
◦ The Jewish Defence League of Canada will work in conjunction with various security and policing departments to ensure the security of Jews and Jewish institutions.
◦ This is a vital aspect of JDL’s program – you can participate through this program by keeping us informed of disinformation and negative propaganda about Israel and the Jewish people that is being presented to the general public.
◦ We have all been witness to anti-Israel/Jewish protests. The vitriolic hatred is shocking. Our leaders offer little comfort to our community in their inability to gather the Jewish Community together to respond.
◦ JDL will protest publicly whenever and wherever necessary.
◦ JDL will urge our Jewish Leadership to respond effectively to these events.
NEVER AGAIN WILL JEWS BE VICTIMIZED
NEVER AGAIN WILL JEWS BE SCAPEGOATS
NEVER AGAIN WILL WE STAND IDLY BY WHILE JEWISH BLOOD IS SPILLED
NEVER AGAIN WILL WE BE SILENT
AM ISRAEL CHAI
Support of the Jewish Defence League is most appreciated:
Please send a donation to:
The Jewish Defence League of Canada
788 Marlee Avenue, Suite 207
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Or donate securely online:
(We are not a registered charity and therefore cannot issue a tax-deductable receipt.)