February 27, 2014
Open Letter to Councillor Sandra Racco, City of Vaughan
Re: Thornhill Woods Community Meeting – Lebovic Centre.
I attended the Community Update and Board of Directors Election Meeting on Wednesday February 26, 2014.
During the Q+A, I rose to ask you a question regarding the negative impact on public safety to the existing community which is presented by the proposed Jaffari Centre re-development – a relevant question, which you refused to answer.
Over the past 3 weeks, I have been contacted by many residents of Thornhill Woods who have expressed major concerns about persons from the Jaffari Center blocking driveways and asking residents to use their driveways for overflow parking. hat was one issue I addressed.
The second issue I asked you about dealt with the anti-Semitic nature of the Jaffari Centre.
You refused to answer my questions.
In refusing to respond, it was suggested that these inquiries were racially motivated and inappropriate. This is completely untrue, and I consider your response — that as a public official you are limited to issues of “zoning and by-laws” — to be a deflection of your obligation to properly apprise yourself and understand all the issues that might have a negative impact on the safety and security of our community.
I am deeply concerned that an enlarged Jaffari Centre re-development will lead to a serious increase in antisemitism, and this increase in antisemitism will lead to violence against members of the Jewish community.
Please take the time to review the following information about the Jaffari Center and their associates.
Jewish Defence League of Canada.
1. National Post article (Feb.05.2014) titled “Cleric Behind Mosque’s Proposed Condo Project Probed for Hate Crimes in 2012”.
2. Bus schedule confirming the Jaffari Centre as an active organizational hub regarding the 2012 Al Quds Day rally.
3. JTA article (Aug. 02, 2013), reporting on the official statement of the Ontario government refusing to grant a permit on the grounds of “public safety”.
4. ”Jaffari Child Abuse” – Anti-Semitic rant by indoctrinated youth member of the Jaffari Centre. Is this how good neighbours behave?
5. Anti-Semitic video rant at 2012 Al Quds rally by speaker Moulana Assad Jaffery who teaches family values at the Jaffari Centre.
6. Terrorism Information Centre report on the CASMO Jaffari Centre affiliation and the 2011 Al Quds rally, Toronto.
7. Article in “World Federation of Shia Communities” confirming that Jaffari Centre youth are regularly sent to Iran to be indoctrinated in anti-Semitic propaganda.
-Mayor Maurizio Bevilacqua.
-Peter Kent, MP, Thornhill.
-Stephen Blaney, MP, Minister of Public Safety.
-Gila Martow, MPP, Thornhill
-Chief Eric Jolliffe, York Regional Police
-Shimon Fogel, CEO, CIJA
-Frank Dimant, CEO, B’nai B’rith